At Your First Visit
At your first visit you will receive a full oral health assessment by a Registered Dental Hygienist. This includes:
- Medical and Dental history review
- Oral cancer and disease screening
- Assessment of the oral tissues and gums
- Assessment of the bone integrity
- Screening for possible cavities
After reviewing your assessment with you the Dental Hygienist will create a treatment plan to meet your individual oral health care needs and goals.
Everyone receives an individualized treatment plan as each person's oral health care needs are unique.
Dental Hygiene Treatment
Dental Hygiene Treatment may include the following:
- Oral Health Education
- Home Care Instructions
- Diet Counseling
- Tobacco Cessation Program
- Plaque Removal
- Tartar Removal
- Stain Removal
- Fluoride Application
- Desensitization Procedures
- Whitening Procedures
- Mouth Guard Fabrication
Upon detection of a condition outside the Dental Hygiene scope of practice, a referral to an appropriate health care provider will be issued.